Long time listeners of Flash Forward might feel like this future is kind of… familiar. And it is. It’s actually the first future we ever traveled to on this show. A future where humans have invented artificial wombs. And this is a special bonus episode of Flash Forward where we’re going to go back and revisit that future, because a new piece of research recently came out about artificial wombs. I’m calling this, a BACK TO THE FUTURE episode.
- Fluid-filled ‘biobag’ allows premature lambs to develop outside the womb
- An extra-uterine system to physiologically support the extreme premature lamb
- Early Ectogenesis: Artificial Wombs in 1920s Literature
- The Man Who Ran a Carnival Attraction That Saved Thousands of Premature Babies Wasn’t a Doctor at All
- The World, the Flesh & the Devil An Enquiry into the Future of the Three Enemies of the Rational Soul
- The Hermetic and Alchemical Writings of Paracelsus
- Daedalus, or Science and the Future
If you want to suggest a future we should take on, send us a note on Twitter, Facebook or by email at email@example.com. We love hearing your ideas! And if you think you’ve spotted one of the little references I’ve hidden in the episode, email us there too. If you’re right, I’ll send you something cool.
And if you want to support the show, there are a few ways you can do that too! We have a Patreon page, where you can donate to the show. But if that’s not in the cards for you, you can head to iTunes and leave us a nice review or just tell your friends about us. Those things really do help.
That’s all for this future, come back next time, and we’ll travel to a new one!